Objective 2. Data Access Tools and Techniques.
- Both CKSI and MedRecall have initiated discussions with several clinics
that are either using our products or consulting services regarding being
one of our demonstration sites for our Phase II work. It is our intent
to setup a Web Server in a clinic which has data on a wide variety of hardware
platforms all running different software packages. Our choice of operating
system for the Web Server is LINUX, which is a variation of Unix which
supports direct access to Novell server based data, where significant data
from clinic billing systems commonly reside.
- Setup Web Server at demonstration site.
- Implement systems for putting chart notes and lab results on line,
and linking to or capturing data from billing system in use at demonstration
- Develop tools needed to access current data on mainframe and mini computers
in both hospitals and other clinics linked to demonstration site.
- Work with vendors of software used at demonstration site to determine
how data links can be established most efficiently. Then setup data links
for as many triggering events as possible.
Copyright 1997 CK Software, Inc., 210 N. Higgins, Suite 334, Missoula, MT 59802
Phone: (406) 721-2606 Fax: 721-4225